I’m baaaaack! Well, not quite. By the time you read this I will be, but right now I’m sitting in O’Hare sipping on a Jamba Juice. Damn, life is good.
I am so so happy to be back. I half expect these people in the airport to start speaking Spanish…but they don’t! Everyone’s speaking English! It’s a great thing.
By the time I make it home, I will have traveled for 20 hours straight, and it’ll be 6am Spain time by the time I crawl into bed tonight. I got up at 6:30.
The flight didn’t seem that long, even though it was really 9 hours. As I was boarding I asked myself what I did for 9 hours, and I still don’t really know.
Saying goodbye to my friends the last couple days was tough. I didn’t go into the whole study abroad thing really looking to make a bunch of friends, but that’s how it turned out and I’m glad. Really, it wasn’t that bad saying bye to my Mizzou people; I’ll see some of them during the summer and the rest once school starts. The hardest part was saying good bye to my German roommate Fabian and my best Spanish friend Jesús. I probably won’t see them for years, if at all. But now I have places to stay if I ever go to Germany(which I’m planning on) or return to Spain (which I’m not so sure about). I actually invited Jesús to come live with me for a month this summer, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment